Saturday, August 18, 2012

Trying to get back into things!

Well it has been a long time since I posted on here so that means a lot has gone on.

Noah went from homeschooling online to traditional public school, I went back to the working world, my father-in-law passed away from cancer, I left my job, and Noah is going back to homeschooling.

Noahs school like most does not currently have the funding necessary to run all the programs normally offered. So this year his school has cut all music, art, and gym for all elementary students. We tryed to get a transfer to another school district but that did not go through as they were at capacity. During the waiting process we have a new family move in on our street and they also did not like the idea of not having these programs, so we have decided to homeschool online together. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am nervous because the last time did not go so well for us but excited because I will have someone to help me and support me. Also, we will be using a different school and with this school we will have local access to a teacher not just verbally by phone.

Brooke has decided to try colorguard and join her brother in band and from what I have heard and seen she really likes it! It is great cause she needs something to help keep her busy. She is going into 8th grade which is her last year at the junior high. I can not believe how fast time is going by.

Josh is in 10th grade this year and will be 16 in December. He is begging for his temps but he had a rough end to the school year and a bad start to summer, so his plans have had to be put on hold. I am having a terrible time facing the fact that he is almost an adult. I really dont like this. It is so hard to let them grow up. I hope we have taught him well enough but I still see his mistakes daily and it scares me to think of him on his own. I hope in the next 3 years it will come together a little better.

I have a few things in the plans that I am working on to make life hopefully a little easier and organized and hopefully I will start remembering to update this a little more. My baby is 7 and I am realizing there are many things I forget and if I would keep up with this then I will always have the memories somewhere.

Until next time.....

No comments: