Friday, December 31, 2010

Where is "home" really?.......

So we were blessed with the opportunity to go "home" to Michigan for Christmas this year. I was so excited!! I had not seen my family since the end of July and was really looking forward to seeing them. We knew we would stay at my moms house for where we would sleep. We got there late on Thursday and my mom wasn't there. Which was fine because it was late. On Christmas Eve I saw her for about and hour or two. She had stayed at her boyfriends house and came home long enough really to shower and get dressed for a party and church. Jeremy, Noah and I were heading to my dads family get together at my uncles house. It was a BLAST!! They always know how to have a good time!

As much fun as I had there though I was really bummed that I did not get to see my mom much. She is my mom and I love her and wanted to be with her. So during the few days around Christmas I learned a lot about "home".

My mom gets mad that I don't stay at her place a lot when I vi st lately......... this is why! If she is not going to be there, then why do I need to be there? I feel like I should be with my family that appreciates me making the trip home 5 hours to see them. If you cant make time for a couple days for me then why do I come visit?

So I decided that Christmas day we would get up and take Noah's gifts to my grandparents house to open there. They were excited to see him open his gifts from Santa........ they haven't seen that in years!

So I have had to learn through time that home isn't always home. That is what you think is home changes. Right now for me and my family in Michigan it feels like home at my dads parents house. From now on I think that is where we will stay. Not that I don't love my mom cause I love her dearly but her priorities are at a different place than me when we are in town. Maybe some day it will change but for now I know where home is............

No comments: